Jun 20, 2010

I kind of suck at this blogging thing, huh?

I used to be so good at blogging. But my summer's been so busy; mostly in a good way. I've had job training for summer camp. It's been eating a lot of my time, but I'm so excited for camp to start! I have 2nd and 3rd graders which is my ideal age to teach. I've also been watching a whooole lot of the World Cup.

Right before summer ended, I didn't think I'd be busy at all, so I set a whole bunch of things in motion so that I could be creative and not encounter a giant artistic block when I went back to school. I now think maybe I overdid it, but at least I'm making stuff! I'll have to post some of those things when I have the time.

Friday the 18th, I went to an Etsy craft party and it was really cool! It was in DC and I gave a demo, along with 2 others. An Etsian owns a diner in DC so it was held there and we had a special deal on "craftinis". I made 60 party favors, but of course only 20 people showed up. It's ok, it means I have stuff to send out as freebies and maybe sell.

DSC_0880
some of the party favors. They were made into pins & pendants

DSC_0891

DSC05817
There was a drawing because Etsy sent over some stuff like art supplies and tee shirts. I won some porcelain markers and paints which is really awesome because I was considering buying some! I'm currently experimenting with them!

DSC05826

DSC05827
This was during a collage robot demo which was really awesome.

DSC05828
This was what I made, but the photo's so blurry! It's made out of junk like soda cans, buttons, wire spiral stuff from notebooks, a key, bottlecap, and screws.

It was a really fun night! Yay Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment