Jul 6, 2010

CAMP.

So I started working camp today. Ohhhh boy. I have about 20-25 7&8 year olds. It was fun but the school basically has no ac so of course I was sweating like a faucet. I'm going to have to invent a fan that follows me around so that I can stay cool or something.

Well, I got picked for duck duck goose twice and we went to the art room twice to make stuff, yay! The kids can be kind of rowdy, but hopefully things will settle down a bit after the first week. I'm SO TIRED but I'm also happy. I've done work with kids within a classroom, and this is totally different, but I'm really glad to get this experience.

I'm leaving you with this:

This is a conversation that I had with some kids.
kid: how old are you?
me: 24.
kids: you’re old!
me: i know, i’m so old!!
kids: do you have a boyfriend??
me: no, why?
kid: OLD PEOPLE ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO HAVE BOYFRIENDS!!

speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment